Easy Folding Jig
- One paper cutter ($30)
- One ruler ($.99)
- Three brass screws ($.30)
I often need to fold booklets and musical scores. Trying to keep edges straight is always trouble, so I modified a paper cutter.
- Cut a ruler so it fits down into the feet of the paper cutter.
- Drill three small holes so the ruler doesn't split (photo 1).
- Face the ruler's guide toward the inside, and screw it into place (photo 2).
- The finished folding jig looks totally ordinary (photo 3).
- To fold, first place the paper stack against the back guide and roll it so both edges hit the guide (photo 4).
- Slide it left against the side guide (photo 5).
- Press with thumbs and draw outward from the center (photo 6).
For other cheap projects go back to my home page.
Page maintained by Dennis Bathory-Kitsz, Contact Form.