Papers, essays, stories...
Back to the The Creative Meaning of Laziness and Its Manifestation in Digital Technology
- Everybody's Gotta Trust ... But Verify? (2003), polemic about copy protection and corporate delusion. By Dennis Báthory-Kitsz
- Preserving the Future's Past: EA Artists Must Take Care of Their Own Archives (2002), conversation and recommendations about archiving audio artworks. By Dennis Báthory-Kitsz
- Riding the Cheap Electron (2002), paper presented at Dartmouth College about a composer's history with synthesis. By Dennis Báthory-Kitsz
- No Denial of the Bête Familiale (2001), paper presented at Dartmouth College about the role of the computer musician. By Dennis Báthory-Kitsz
- The Curse of Love (2000), paper presented at Dartmouth College about eclecticism, copyright, and interactivity. By Dennis Báthory-Kitsz
- How to Get Here from There (Stomach Music to Sourian Slide) or Is There a Reason You've Canceled My Premiere Yet Again? (2000), paper presented at Goddard College about the composer's life and work. By Dennis Báthory-Kitsz
- Road Ahead, Road Behind (2000), original article for Slashdot revealing the creation of No Money (Lullaby for Bill) from Bill Gates's voice. By Dennis Báthory-Kitsz
- The Patron Saint of Mediocrities (1999), paper presented at Bregman Studios of Dartmouth College about the composer's life and work. By Dennis Báthory-Kitsz.
- Turning Sausage Back Into The Pig: The Year 2000 Problem in Northfield, Vermont (1999), a look at Year 2000 problems and how they are affecting my local community. By Dennis Báthory-Kitsz.
- A Challege for Richard Branson (1998), a letter suggesting Branson transform the landscape of contemporary music. By Dennis Báthory-Kitsz.
- The Churchill Society Debate: A Futile Correspondence (1998), an exchange with the Churchill Society on the state of new music. By Dennis Báthory-Kitsz.
- Your Music on the Web: Ways, Means, Rights, and the Old West: New Concepts, Paradigms and Fears (1997), article outlining techniques for presentation and protection on the Web. By Dennis Báthory-Kitsz.
- I Don't Know How -- or Why: Night Thoughts on the Process of Composition (1995), including a link to an audio version. By Dennis Báthory-Kitsz.
- A Cloak for the Lord of Cats (1995), a short-short story about vampiress Báthory Erzsébet, a true historical figure. This story forms the basis of a scene in a proposed opera. By Dennis Báthory-Kitsz
- It's Time to Bury the Dead (1992), intense article calling for the end of performances of older concert music and a revision in thinking and sensibility. By Dennis Báthory-Kitsz.
- Composing a New Language (1992), proposal presented at MedArt International by Barbara S.J. Balch and Dennis Báthory-Kitsz to replace lost language skills with musical language developed through interaction and virtual reality.
- Construal of Music Process Architecture (1992), paper presenting personal views and reports on musical composition in Europe. By Dennis Báthory-Kitsz.
- The Clinic: A Dream Writ Down (1988), an actual, cold-sweat-inducing dream recorded the next morning as a short story. By Dennis Báthory-Kitsz.
- The Image Behind the Glass (1986), talk to ID Expo in Boston on light pens and touch screens that presages modern palmtops, handwriting recognition, and artificial intelligence features. By Dennis Báthory-Kitsz.
- The Impact of the Microprocessor (1982), prophetic and political talk about microprocessor technology and philosophy, presented to the ACM at Rensselaer in Troy, New York. By Dennis Báthory-Kitsz.
- The Microprocessor as a Modern Odysseus (1982), similar talk with a personal sidelight about music and the arts, presented to the IEEE in Burlington, Vermont. By Dennis Báthory-Kitsz.